Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I know some of you have replaced your drive belts. I ride a 2012 Nomad and I am getting close to time to think about mine. I want to know if anyone has found a good quality aftermarket belt for way cheaper than a Kawi belt. Can you give me some part #'s? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
These belts are designed to last 100,000 miles if maintained. Are you sure you need one?
If yes, here is a parts illustration for the belt. Part number is 59011-0029. Also, here is an OEM one on eBay that has only sixty miles on it for half the price of new. It also has best offer.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I used to sell industrial V belts and the Polychain belt that is used on most large bikes.
After doing quite a bit of research among 4 or 5 different brands of belts I was not able to come up with a direct cross.

It appears that the polychain style belt only comes in increments of 5 or so teeth. (35, 40, 47, etc)
I was not able to find the same number of teeth that was the correct width and pitch.
I believe the bike Mfgr have made deals with the belt Mfgr for sprockets and belts just for their drive requirements and they are not being sold to the public.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Since I gave you "Gates HTD Rear Belt for Harley-Davidson (CC640077)" over on VBA, I've done a little googling myself. That belt doesn't seem to be available anywhere at the moment, unfortunately. That googling leads back to the thread in here where the discussion started though, if that's any help?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Belt sold. Did you buy it? Wow 32.00 to ship? Damnnn that's a lot for a belt. lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These belts are designed to last 100,000 miles if maintained. Are you sure you need one?
If yes, here is a parts illustration for the belt. Part number is 59011-0029. Also, here is an OEM one on eBay that has only sixty miles on it for half the price of new. It also has best offer.

I don't need one yet but I am a 6 to 7 day a week rider and put on a lot of miles. I just want to be prepared if my belt needs replacing. Thanks for the lead.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I gave you "Gates HTD Rear Belt for Harley-Davidson (CC640077)" over on VBA, I've done a little googling myself. That belt doesn't seem to be available anywhere at the moment, unfortunately. That googling leads back to the thread in here where the discussion started though, if that's any help?
Thanks, I am just hoping there is a good aftermarket belt somewhere that isn't as crazy expensive as the OEM one.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Belt sold. Did you buy it? Wow 32.00 to ship? Damnnn that's a lot for a belt. lol
Nope, I didn't get it. I really just want to find an aftermarket belt for in the future when I have to get one but the chances are looking slim!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts