Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken plastic buckle (male side) on one side of my saddle bag on my Classic LT....anybody know where to get a replacement Buckle or had this happen to them. Kawasaki dealer says the part is not listed as a single item so new entire bag is their solution.

·
Registered
117 Posts
All I can tell you is my wife has broken hers a couple times. She goes to the local dealer where we got it and deal with all the time. He just gives her another buckle. Told me he orders the buckles all the time because of this. He does not order the whole bag. I think if you look up the parts diagrams for the LT it will show that part and number. Take the number to the dealer and if he still says he can't get it, then go to a different dealer or go online and order it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As near as I can tell the buckles are just standard webbing buckles - pretty sure the 900 LT one is a 1" buckle (I think you measure the space where the webbing goes thru - or in this case the leather strap). Buckles are available at camping supply places, off the web from eBay or Campmor, etc. You may have one on an old fanny pack or other piece of outdoor gear you can cannibalize.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your local dealer is feeding you a bunch of crap.I had mine tell me the same thing and didn't believe them, so I went to the next closest dealer and asked them. They told me it wasn't a problem and had me a buckle in2 days.

Appalachian twisties!!!! GTA Love em!!!

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
Amazon?

I have a broken plastic buckle (male side) on one side of my saddle bag on my Classic LT....anybody know where to get a replacement Buckle or had this happen to them. Kawasaki dealer says the part is not listed as a single item so new entire bag is their solution.

I would think if you have the correct measurements Amazon would have it. Or even if you had to replace both sides I'm sure you could get it done cheaper than any dealer will charge you. i keep trying to post a link to Amazon product search page but it's not working. Just go to Amazon and search for Plastic Buckle.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the help...Bosco I will have my dealer search OEM replacement! Part# K110001R, $15.95 each. Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan Classic 900 LT
53 Posts
So how do you go about changing this buckle?? It seems to be one piece and ribitted on??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts