Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I put on my new ISO-grips. Not too bad a job but I had a little trouble getting the cable ends into the new throttle grip. After a quick test ride I noticed that I had some connections hanging under the right brake reservoir. I guess they popped off when I was working on the grip. At first I thought it was broken but then discovered that it was actually two small push on terminals. Everything seemed to work until I thought to check my brake lights. No brake lights. I don't know which female goes on which male. I just pushed them on in what look to be the correct position and now I have brake lights but don't know what the second terminal is for?? Anybody have any clues as to the correct order or maybe it doesn't matter?? I tried to take some close-up photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
honestly not sure why there are 2 wires but they are both plugged into the brake switch

·
Registered
370 Posts
After looking at a wiring diagram it appears one of the wires goes to the rear turn signals I have no idea why maybe someone like Sfair can chime in

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking at a wiring diagram it appears one of the wires goes to the rear turn signals I have no idea why maybe someone like Sfair can chime in
I just went out to the garage to check my rear turn signals and they appear to be working correctly and the brake light. Thanks for the idea, I didn't think to check that. I guess I lucked out and got them connected correctly or maybe it doesn't matter which one goes where.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
The switch is nothing more than a contact. 1 wire supplies voltage to to one side and when the switch contact closes it lets the voltage through. Shouldn't matter what wire goes where, the signal will get through either way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The switch is nothing more than a contact. 1 wire supplies voltage to to one side and when the switch contact closes it lets the voltage through. Shouldn't matter what wire goes where, the signal will get through either way.
Ahh, just as I suspected. Thanks for confirming and saving me the trouble of investigating it further.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
+1 For future ref. Either wire to either terminal is fine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts