Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, December 2016
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heys Guys,

Been wanting to get a repair manual for lots of reasons but will be doing a bevel gear bearing replacement soon ...

Due to my current "situation" I need to be on the frugle side...

There are some "e-books" available that claim to be complete factory service manuals...

Has anyone here had any experience with these ???

The idea of having one on disk and printing out only the pages needed sounds great to me .... along with the lower cost.

Luckymann77

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have been quite satisfied with the .PDF format manuals I have. They don't cover everything, but the paper ones don't either.
The final drive is not really a good place to start, if you haven't had experience setting up ring and pinion gears. If you do it, be very careful to get a proper tooth contact pattern, or the gears will not last long and will be noisy.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The Kawasaki service manuals are set up somewhat like a flow chart without page numbers for the information needed for the next step. It is very efficient but can be hard to follow, especially for a job with as many different sections involved as you propose.

I have both oem pdf and paper copy service manuals for the bikes I own. The pdf's are great for looking up a quick answer but if I am planning a complicated job the good old paper copy is the best

1 - 4 of 4 Posts