Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some Roadhouse 2-1 pipes for my 09 SE and have had them on for about 3 weeks and 400 miles. I notice yesterday that the paint is flaking off the muffler in the shape of a hand. Tried to call Roadhouse, but they're out of business.
Any suggestions on a good paint to repaint them with?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you install them yourself? If yes,did you clean them before starting the bike? Sounds like oil from your hands got on the pipes and caused the paint to lift. I've heard VHT Hi-Temp paint works well.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
choop'rs,, paint? what paint? do you mean the krome? oil from your hand will leave a burn mark in the krome the shape of your hand or fingerprints.. but paint? what paint? there aint no paint on them pipes.. is there?

differn subject; 'sides the "paint" issue, how is them RoadHouse pipes? how'd they sound? does the bike feel any differn power wise? just looking for some feedback as mos nobody seems to know much about these here pipes.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
choop'rs,, paint? what paint? do you mean the krome? oil from your hand will leave a burn mark in the krome the shape of your hand or fingerprints.. but paint? what paint? there aint no paint on them pipes.. is there?

differn subject; 'sides the "paint" issue, how is them RoadHouse pipes? how'd they sound? does the bike feel any differn power wise? just looking for some feedback as mos nobody seems to know much about these here pipes.
I got the black painted 2-1 Outlaw pipes.
I did notice that the paint was kinda crappy right out of the box...almost looked thin in a few spots. But on the bright side they sound fantastic. Not to loud...nice and rumbly aound town and a perfect purr on the highway. Plus I noticed a little more midrange snort.
I think if you found some chrome ones Ponch, you'd be very happy with them.
I'd be a little more ticked off about the paint if I had paid full retail for the pipes, but I work at a powersports dealership and got a huge discount on them.:)

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
had the 2in1 classics on my 05 RoadStar. they were beautiful.. not just the look. the sound and performance I have yet to find anything even remotely close. am seriously bummed they closed up shop. heard they had sold out, probly why the quality suffered yor rig. new guys dont kare. no way to do bizness. shame. it was a great pipe.

not in the market for a new pipe. am Ratting the Bear. in the end it might resemble something like this www.exilecycles.com but w/my own twisted ideas. have new rear fender on the way. 11" blank round steel will get wedged into the swing A-arm to hug that 240 rear tire. The Frame is coming into my sights. wanna rid the radiator and put a single downtube, open the front of motor. still working on this idea. have lots of concepts. ponchout

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds shweet! I wanna build a bobber out of an old sportster....someday. Gotta get my house fixed up first. Sux being a grown-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts