Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have manual.
I'm at the point where it states to remove the fuel line from underneath.
Tank is 1/4 full. My Yami had a fuel shutoff valve but this doesn't
When I pull the fuel line off. Won't the remaining fuel in the tank just exit from the opening ???

Stuck !

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
so your in the tank?

Have manual. I'm at the point where it states to remove the fuel line from underneath. Tank is 1/4 full. My Yami had a fuel shutoff valve but this doesn't When I pull the fuel line off. Won't the remaining fuel in the tank just exit from the opening ??? Stuck !
imp'rs, say hello to the prez for me. so your in the tank? no fear lil bro. take the front seat off. yeah, thats right. take the rear seat off first. take the bolt out the rear of tank. take that chrome cover off the left side. unplug all those ugly connectors. get down on your knees. while your down there pray you dont catch fire. push that little red push pin fuel line connector thingy. when it lets go, ie pushed out. pull the fuel hose off the nipple. what! no gas falling all over the joint? thats cuz the silver bowl is a fuel pump and needs 'lectricity to pump fuel out that hose. so now thank the lord that your still breathin fresh air. or thank me. either way its all good. out, ponch

ps. ok, dont forget to lift off the tank. back and then up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused:Ok...I can't figure out how to get those three connectors separated ?

Looked...seen how their put together.
Just can't for the life me figure it out.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
work it. dont thro in the towl.

:confused:Ok...I can't figure out how to get those three connectors separated ?Looked...seen how their put together.Just can't for the life me figure it out.
imp's, I 'spect your lookin at the 'lectric connectors? they of course are male n female pairs. there be little squeezy button tabby things that release their keepers and let go. sometimes you gotta work em a little differnt than they look. sometimes ones a pully outy not a squeezy inny. stuff like that. work it you will get it. 'ventually.

the little red gas clippy thing. has two feet on one side. push on the feet and the otherside will pop out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
:confused:Ok...I can't figure out how to get those three connectors separated ?
I jam three little tiny screw drivers up in the plastic loops-squares of each connector. I have done it about 3 times. A real Pain in the behind to me. Watch for a little gasket thing to fall out of one. I luckily see it when it falls, and stick it back in the socket.

There is a connector just like that at the front of the rear fender. It goes to all the rear lighting. When I was removing the fender, I couldn't get the SOB seperated even with the 3 little screw drivers. I broke out wire cutters and removed the plastic loops. :D Yeah, I am a man of patience. Anyhow, that connector sits in a spot in a way that it doesn't seperate with the removed tabs. Lucky for me.

Herb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts