Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys....
Whats the best way to remove the Vulcan emblems from the sides of the gas tank. Maybe a hair dryer, dunno. Sticky stuff once you get it off. WD40 maybe???? Give me your ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
711 Posts
Now be aware that if your bike is not new and has been out in the sun for a while the sun bakes the paint and if you remove them you'll probably find the paint a little diff shade. My friend did on his two year old bike and had to put them back due to the diff on the color. Problem when you put them back I don't know why they don't stick the same with the 3m double side tape.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tank

I plan on putting some kind of vinyl decal on the tank. Found some really cool ones at Biker Stickers,,,,,Weston Signs Inc. check it out....very reasonably priced too.:eek:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is that a website? Cuz I did bikerstickers.com and I didn't see anything on there that I could see someone replaceing the flying 'V' with.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is how I got mine off and it did not leave any scratches. I tool fishing line and used it to saw off the logo. Now you have to get rid of the sticky stuff left. Though WD40 and stuff works but you still have to remove the thick layer left behind to get to the glue part.

I took a plastic windsheld Ice scrapper I had laying around and slowy removed the rest of the heavy sticker and got it all the way down to the glue part. I know it may sound like the plastic scraper will hurt the paint but if you do it slowly and stay on the sticker it will work. Now get out the WD40 and and the glue will come right off, took me about 30 min for both sides.

~R~

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tank decals

The web site is,,,,,westonsigns.com. Then on the left hand tide was bikes....check it out!!;)
Is that a website? Cuz I did bikerstickers.com and I didn't see anything on there that I could see someone replaceing the flying 'V' with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Be very Careful with a heatgun, you can blister the paint if your not careful. I used a hair dryer, fishing line, and goo gone. It is best too if you want for a nice hot day. The softer the glue the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts