Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I've searched multiple times, I can't find step by step instructions (with or without pictures) for removing stock pipes for a 900 LT. I'm sure they are here somewhere, but I just can't find them. Can someone help me find them? I know that is not that difficult, but I'm mechanically challenged and need every bit of help I can get. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you figure it out? I just removed my stock pipes off a 900 classic. It's pretty easy

Sent by Lordz of Fire!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Get 'em removed yet? If not, here's a shot of my bike with the stock exhaust removed. You can see the bracket is still there, directly below the footpeg mount. Once you remove the flange nuts, loosen the two bolts on top of the bracket and then it just takes a minute to wiggle everything off together.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The stock pipes will come right off once unbolted and if your installing aftermarket pipes back on the bike...first go buy new seals and second take off the drivers floorboard, it will make it easier to install your stock or aftermarket pipes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys. bosco sent me instuctions with diagrams. Looks pretty straight forward even for a klutz like me. New V&H pipes should be here in the next day or two, so I'll be taking the stocks off shortly. Last night I installed a new hypercharger and cobra FI2000 PowrPro Tuner (actually still have a little tidy up work to do on this). Can't wait to get the new pipes on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts