Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am planning on removing some horrid after market spotlights that a previous owner attached. I will have no problem unscrewing them from the bike, my question relates to the electrics.

If I just cut the wire that goes up into the headlight this will obviously be a quick fix. If I do that the wires will obviously still be live when I power up the main light. Whats the best way to remove them without harming the bikes electrics?

Also how easy is it to remove the front light assembly to unplug the spotlights wiring at source?

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Guys,

I am planning on removing some horrid after market spotlights that a previous owner attached. I will have no problem unscrewing them from the bike, my question relates to the electrics.

If I just cut the wire that goes up into the headlight this will obviously be a quick fix. If I do that the wires will obviously still be live when I power up the main light. Whats the best way to remove them without harming the bikes electrics?

Also how easy is it to remove the front light assembly to unplug the spotlights wiring at source?

Thanks
I have Nomad...very easy to remove headlight assembly,,danm, even I could do it.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
2 screws in the headlamp rim, 4 o clock and 8 o clock. when they are out lift upwards on the rim to remove the lamp assembly. Trace the offending wires back to where they join the main harness and remove them. the joint might need renewing depending on the workmanship.
While cutting the wires, always avoid the metal tools from touching the frame metal. the circuit should be dead with the key out, but theres no knowing what the previous owner has done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts