Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody , My 2006 limited vulcan 2000 came with an octane label on the gas tank , my question is what is the best way to remove without damaging the paint undeneath if thats possible? also it's a new bike do you think the paint color will be a shade different underneath ?:)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hi everybody , My 2006 limited vulcan 2000 came with an octane label on the gas tank , my question is what is the best way to remove without damaging the paint undeneath if thats possible? also it's a new bike do you think the paint color will be a shade different underneath ?:)
Use a blow dryer to heat it up a bit, then slowly peel it off with your finger nail... then use either WD-40 or Goo Gone to clean the sticky off... the use some detail spray wax to shine the tank. I did this on not only the tank octane decal, but the hard bag decals on my Nomad... can't tell they were ever there.!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can do it by using paint remover. Or you can go to some professionals.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Heating it with a blow dryer just softens the glue to make it easier to peel off.... WD-40 and or Goo Gone both work great to get the goo off afterwards.... waxing is a must to get the solvents and smears off after that.!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Heating it with a blow dryer just softens the glue to make it easier to peel off.... WD-40 and or Goo Gone both work great to get the goo off afterwards.... waxing is a must to get the solvents and smears off after that.!!
I bought my V2K in July. In the San Joaquin Valley, during July, we don't need blow dryers to get stuff hot. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts