Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I did some searching on this site and online, but I can't find the answer...

I feel like this should be an easy one, but I can't figure it out. I wanted to remove my left mirror to install a cup holder under it, and I can't remove the darn thing. I turn the nut to the left, and it will loosen, but then it tightens up again. Move it the opposite way, and same deal. I get the nut as loose as I can and try to manhandle the mirror, but it won't budge. I have never experienced this with motorcycle mirrors. What is the trick to remove it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are two threaded components on most mirrors. One is the lock nut you are turning which will go all the way up, all the way down. The other is a threaded stud on the very end of the mirror which threads into the mount. You need to loosen the locknut then unscrew the mirror from the mount. It may be frozen into the mount, so lubricate and take it easy. Go to eBay and look at the end of some mirrors and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was trying to unscrew it after I loosened the nut. I guess it is frozen in there. I'll try a little PB Blaster to see if that will free it.

Thanks
Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts