Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not t the point that I want to debaffle completely but once you knock out the "plugs" or screens in the exhaust how do you remove them from the exhaust? I dont want something bouncing around inside.

Mines a 09, so I should have plugs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Burner208,
I knocked the "plugs" out of my '09 and have been happy with the sound without getting the screens out, and, I have not experienced any rattling from the exhuast. I did the first stage debaffle about a year ago.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I knocked the screens "out" in my 07. I really like the sound combined with the new intake but am now getting new Cobra Slashdowns next week. Anyhow when I knocked the screens out they didn't actually come loose. If you take a Mag Lite and look down the exhaust pipe you can see the broken screen flattened against the tail pipe wall.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm not t the point that I want to debaffle completely but once you knock out the "plugs" or screens in the exhaust how do you remove them from the exhaust? I dont want something bouncing around inside.

Mines a 09, so I should have plugs.
I used a hole saw with a 12" extension. My plugs came out in the saw, so....nothing was bouncing around inside.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Did mine with a 7/8in hole saw and 12in extension, one came out with the bit and the other I found in the driveway about 20ft behind the bike after a good turn of the throttle...I've done this to two sets of pipe with the same results. Not that much of a difference for the first couple of hundred miles, but around 300 miles the tone and sound level has increased to where I am satisfied (today) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts