Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of hard Krome 2.5" pipes and i looked at removing the baffles but they look to be welded in...

The wife wants them to be a bit louder... Is there an easy way to remove the baffles?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have a set of hard Krome 2.5" pipes and i looked at removing the baffles but they look to be welded in...

The wife wants them to be a bit louder... Is there an easy way to remove the baffles?
I have Cobra's pipes so I can't help you there, but I find it funny that the wife wants louder pipe...Bless her heart!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Cobra's pipes so I can't help you there, but I find it funny that the wife wants louder pipe...Bless her heart!!!
When I bought the bike it had stock pipes on it and they weren't loud enough for her so she went and bought the Hard Kromes!

She likes the bike almost as much as I do....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also have the 2.5's and have done research because much like you I'd like to pull the baffles too. Your correct, they are welded in. Most that have sucessfully removed them say that if made very little difference though and were dissapointed with the results. I'm leaving mine in and just cranking the throttle a little harder lol. Another option is to sell the 2.5's and get 3" or something with removable baffles....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also have the 2.5's and have done research because much like you I'd like to pull the baffles too. Your correct, they are welded in. Most that have sucessfully removed them say that if made very little difference though and were dissapointed with the results. I'm leaving mine in and just cranking the throttle a little harder lol. Another option is to sell the 2.5's and get 3" or something with removable baffles....
Guess I'll be leaving it as is for now..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts