Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a while back I put my cover over my bike while it was still hot and the cover melted to the pipes. I scraped most of it off with a wooden chopstick and used NevrDull to polish it up. It didn't quite come back to life with that combo. Then, it happened again, so this time I got some 0000 steel wool and Turtle Wax chrome polish and went to town. Well now I have swirl marks and fine scratches all over that section of the pipe. I guess I messed it up with the steel wool. Is there any way to get these out?

·
Registered
46 Posts
sure there is,-----Vance & Hines, Cobra, Road Burner, etc. etc. You could try some Flitz polish but I doubt even that will help.

·
Registered
122 Posts
sure there is,-----Vance & Hines, Cobra, Road Burner, etc. etc. You could try some Flitz polish but I doubt even that will help.
haha thats funny new pipes would fix it but you can try bringing it back with a polishing compound and a machine and just keep working at it

·
Registered
256 Posts
There's a guy who sells decorative chrome protectors for that area. They protect the pipes from the passengers footwear (or vice versa). Anyone have a name? He used to have them on Ebay and he has his own website.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts