Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago i bought Hard Krome 3" Big Straights pipes. The sound is nice, but im curious how it will sound without baffles.

I found replacement baffles from HK, 3" Straight thru baffles. I guess I have to put a pair of these in. I also found some called Thunder Monster baffles.

Any advice?
Do i need both of these?
Is it much louder with these replacements?

Do i need a new map for my PCIII after putting these things in and if so do anyone know where i can find a map that fits?

RM
Cebu - Philippines

·
Registered
143 Posts
im not sure about the map or reprograming because my 96 800 is carbed, but i removed mine once and didnt like the results. it sounded louder but not nearly as clear, it backfired when i would let off the throttle and let the engine recoil and i noticed a significant loss of power due to the loss of required back pressure. thats with 2 inch pipes, i can only imagine the loss of back pressure with 3 inch pipes. if a bike is f.i. system is anything like a car or truck i wouldnt think you need to change any thing else when you install aftermarket baffles, but you could check with a local shop or the manufacturer, if you have too it wouldnt be the first or last time ive been wrong. good luck, ride safe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts