Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a '06 2000 Classic and I'm replacing the stock grips with the chrome K's, with cruise control also. Any hints on removing the old grips and putting on the new ones? I had to cut the grips off of my old bike, but I don't want to mess up anything here.
Help...

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Hey guys, I have a '06 2000 Classic and I'm replacing the stock grips with the chrome K's, with cruise control also. Any hints on removing the old grips and putting on the new ones? I had to cut the grips off of my old bike, but I don't want to mess up anything here.
Help...
Try this link: http://www.gadgetjq.com/levercovers.htm

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you let me know if you managed to get the stocks off without destroying them this way. I am looking to reuse the stockers with some new bars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you let me know if you managed to get the stocks off without destroying them this way. I am looking to reuse the stockers with some new bars.[/QUOTE

Hey, I finally got my new grips in (kuryakyn ISO's). The old grips came off without a problem, no damage to the grips at all. I just took a flathead screwdriver, ran it all the way up thr rubber grip then worked it all the way around the handlebar until it loosened up and slid off (left side). The right was simple, I just unscrewed the starter switch box, took it off, removed cable ends and slid off the grip.

·
Registered
339 Posts
An airhose works really well for this. Just put a air nozzle on the end of your air hose and shoot air in the hole at the end of the grip. It will inflate and blow right off the bar. No damage to anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts