Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some removable saddle bags?

I love the look of the custom stock... but on trips it is a just a fact of life to need a windshield and saddle bags. For the windshield I got the national cycle switchblade... I can take it off in 5 seconds..... anyone know of any saddlebags that remove fast too? In fact it would be cool if I could take them off and carry them into the hotel like a suitcase! hahah ok maybe I am dreaming.

Take care!
Dan

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are a few quick remove kits out there, but they add an extra 1" or more of width to each side. I wanted a really clean striped down bagger look, so I replaced the fender trim bolts with studs, takes me about 3 minuets to remove the bags. When removed I just run around with 4 studs sticking out or I guess you could put the trim back on.

If you want some pictures just ask and I'll find my camera,

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
tf, check here www.leatherlyke.com see if these work for your style. they use quik disconnect clips with only a minor fender bolt head left on exposed on your bike. lockable and weathtite. I had them on 2 skoots and was very pleased. I wish they made them BIGGER for my v2k.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some removable saddle bags?

I love the look of the custom stock... but on trips it is a just a fact of life to need a windshield and saddle bags. For the windshield I got the national cycle switchblade... I can take it off in 5 seconds..... anyone know of any saddlebags that remove fast too? In fact it would be cool if I could take them off and carry them into the hotel like a suitcase! hahah ok maybe I am dreaming.

Take care!
Dan
Goggle "Ghost brackets"or "easy brackets" ... sound like its what you are looking for. From what i have read and seen, they do make the bags sit out a little further than other fixed brackets .... everything is a compromise.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
This may be a dumb question, so it's appropriate that it's my first post. Could I use the Easy Bracket with say a leather briefcase? So when I get to work, I just pop it off and carry it inside? If I don't need to take something to work, then I can leave the briefcase at home?

And FlyingBrick, I'd like to see your setup too.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
tx, tho yor proposal to EZ braket yor briefcase is most likely quite do-able.. I can just see yor case opening while going down the road and all yor documents and 'spensive lectric toys flying out and to the 4 winds. not good.
why not just put your breifcase inside your saddlebags?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good thoughts. I should look for a briefcase that closes up tight. Probably two sturdy straps.

I don't really like the look of saddlebags, so I don't want them on permanently and would like to just take it off if I don't need it.

I was thinking of something like this:

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I just use a backpack for simple carries.. can fit 6 kold frosty :beer:s if its just a short ride.

ps..would not want that shoulder strap getting buggered in the wheels and other moving parts. forget the bag opening up.. it might be you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, another good point. I hate shoulder straps anyway, so I'd take it off. I may just use the backpack. Good to know my idea will work, as long as the details are worked out. Thanks Pancho.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Anyone using Easy Brackets with the Paladin Quick Release Backrest? I have that setup (or I will when and if I finally get a set of bags) and I want to know how far the bags sit out from the sides of the bike. I can't see for myself because I can't seem to get a proper set of bags.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, another good point. I hate shoulder straps anyway, so I'd take it off. I may just use the backpack. Good to know my idea will work, as long as the details are worked out. Thanks Pancho.
Just bungy cord your briefcase to the pax seat. I do it all the time. My b/c is almost the same as the one you have pictured.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts