Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

Has anyone got some intel on fabricating an extension high pressure fuel feed line so the fuel tank can be left off the chassis for work on the bike with the engine running?

Specifically what I am wanting is knowledge on whether I can fabricate a high pressure line using A/N fittings and hose, such as using Aeroquip or other maker from Summit Racing or Jegs, and get it to work between the male fitting on the fuel pump under the tank and the female quick connect fitting on the fuel line going to the injection unit?

What size quick disconnect is Kawasaki using on their $105 line that runs from the tank to the injector unit? It has to be close to standard dimensions for one of the quick release fittings I am finding on Summit or Jeg's web sites for high pressure fittings. But I want to make sure before I buy. They sell a 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8, and one of those should be a match.

Has anyone out there solved the problem of using the tank/fuel pump remotely?:surprise:

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
424 Posts
Well.... first of all.. it's not a high pressure system. Pump itself will not go higher than 90 psi... not sure where the regulator is set though. Secondly, the connection ends are specifically for the bike, you won't be finding those just off the shelf, aeroquip or other wise. If it were me, I'd just by a replacement hose, cut it in half, and insert an extension of regular fuel hose using nipples and hose clamps.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plugs are not proprietary, I can guarantee that. A supplier manufactures them, and these can probably be found on other motorcycles. But I can buy a used wire harness on eBay and remove the connectors at the terminals, insert new terminals and wires.

The hose, well, maybe it is proprietary. That would explain the ridiculous pricing for a new one. I am posting to see if anyone has a workaround to that problem. I could probably find a used specimen of that hose on eBay and do like you suggest. But I would rather fabricate something better and just replace the OEM hose between the pump and the injector unit.

Carbureted systems won't take pressure anywhere near 90 lbs, so yes, this is indeed a high pressure system. To make anything as an extension, it has to withstand at least that 90 lbs. of pressure and not leak. The A/N fittings with the correct hose will take up to about 1500 lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts