Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here have a remote start setup on any of the vulcan,s??:confused:?? i have a 900 custom and I've been looking around for a good brand named kit but with no luck. one of my buddies told me that a car remote start is the same thing. now I'm wondering if this is true. if so my options are looking good. anyone with some advise or answers would help allot. Thanks....

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have no evidence of this but it's probably not.

Most modern bikes have kickstand kill switches so unless the bike was in Nuetral, a remote start wouldn't work, and parking a bike in nuetral has obvious drawbacks...

·
Registered
256 Posts
and you want a remote start because....? You want the a/c nice and cool before you get on?

·
Registered
249 Posts
There are several reasons, but the biggest for me is for safety and security. Try this:

1. Get on your bike, shift into neutral, and walk the bike forward and back a little.
2. Shift into 1st, and try to walk the bike forward and back a little.

·
Registered
657 Posts
You know if you remote start the bike, you'd miss out on the experience looking cool while you shift it into neutral, start it up, put on your helmet and gloves while it warms up, throwing a leg over and taking off!!! :cool: But on the other hand, you could remote start it and watch someone else jump on it, try and take off while looking really, really stupid because the fork is locked and they didn't check first to see if it would turn in another direction....:eek:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Personally, I feel that, for whatever it would cost, there are probably a lot of better things you could do "for show"

Seems really silly IMHO...not trying to be rude...I just don't understand the appeal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Money well spent otherwise IMO. But if it's your thing, I guess that's your deal. But the price you'd pay for that stuff would buy a lot showier bike components.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is only electronics so you could in theory make up a set of contacts that closed to provide power then another that activated the starter. 1 control unit with 2 buttons and 2 recievers would do it. Just like your garrage door opener, the remote doesn't actualluy open the door it just opens and closes the contacts.

·
Registered
115 Posts
According to the msc i took your supposed to put on your gear on before you sit on the bike,I Know im just being a pain in the @#!:D
I mean your helmet and gloves

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cycledude, this may be a dumb question, but why is parking a bike in neutral a bad idea?
Good question; I always try and park with the bike on a slight incline, in neutral. Same with my stick-shift truck. I do have the clutch "in" and apply the brake. If I'm on a downward parking spot, I will leave it in gear. I never start anything in gear; just my personal habits over 40 + years of riding.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
oK, With all due respect, parking in neutral is NEVER a good idea. A slight bump from the rear and the bike goes down, I knew a guy who had his bike cover on and a giant gust of wind blew his bike down (the tarp acted as a sail and the bike was in neutral). Leave the bike in gear! WHEN you start it up, shift into neutral prior (u don't have to start the bike, or any machine, in gear). Leaving the bike in gear is an extra preventative measure stopping some idiot from rocking the bike, or getting on it and having it slip forward and dump. As Cycledude said "obvious reasons".
Regards, Silent.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I parked my car in neutral one time while visiting a client to schedule her wedding photography. I was there for about an hour and when I left her home, my car was gone!

My first reaction was it was stolen. Then I looked again and saw it down the hill in a neighbor's yard. The parking brake slipped and the car rolled away.

I trashed the persons yard. My car mowed down her shrubs and garden. It was dark out and I jumped in and split before anyone noticed!!! :eek:

Thank God it was late. What if there was other traffic out, or maybe kids playing in that yard?

No Thank You. I park in gear.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So Greenmachine900:

I guess the answer the original thread is, NO.
Yes the answer would be NO.. you miss out hopping on slipping you're gloves and putting on you're helmet, starting that bad boy up, putting it in 1st gear and just rolling out, all while people stare and admire.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts