Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi when my bike VN1700 was 1 year and one thousand five hundred miles, the regulator rectifier packed up no charge going to battery, dealer said they changed regulator rectifier, 2 off, under warranty
and all was good till now,
now at 4 years and six thousand miles the same thing has happened no charge going to battery looking like the regulator rectifier have packed in again, getting exactly the same symptoms as before,
any one know what would make this happen or am I just unlucky or did Kawasaki have a bad batch of regulator rectifier.
bike is out warranty so will have to fix my self.
and I know I should ride it more then it would packed up when it was still in warranty
PS
If any one has a step by step guide on how I test the regulator rectifier I wold be very happy
thanks for all help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi just a update for any one having same problem, bike in shop they tested the Generator all good, did a test on the regulator rectifier and they are bad,
so why would a bike from new go through 4 regulator rectifier in less then five thousand miles ? 2 at 1,500 and 2 more at 5,000 miles.
All connectors are good no burnt out or corroded wires, never had any fuses go, never cut into any of the wires, would the ignition wire under tank have any thing to do with it, my bike is not subject to the recall.
Any suggestions thanks for any help

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
4 reg/rect's???? Wow!!

What might be happening is you have an intermittent stator short which can take out reg/rect's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts