Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just re-registered my Vaquero. In NJ the cost for the year is $65.00 what a rip off. I did not really pay attention when I bought the bike as I transfered the tags I had on another bike. Car registration is $46.50. I guess that is the cost of having something for pleasure.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Just re-registered my Vaquero. In NJ the cost for the year is $65.00 what a rip off. I did not really pay attention when I bought the bike as I transfered the tags I had on another bike. Car registration is $46.50. I guess that is the cost of having something for pleasure.
Similar in NY. Last registration with vanity plates cost me $65, where before that it was $37 with the vanity plate. $$$$$ is all that's about.

·
Registered
414 Posts
could be like here in sc. i transferred my tag off my roadstar. i got my tax notice and went to pay property taxes and WOW!!!!!!! $365.00

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Mine was $293 two months ago when I got it and that was with a credit of $85 from the Venture. After 12 years the Venture was $105.... started at $380. That don't include ANYTHING except the regis fee. My insurance is cheaper than the registration.

·
Registered
152 Posts
wow that's cheap,
I called my congressman last week and it seems we all owe 17 trillion dollars to pay for the bailouts that we have given our banks and criminals so they can keep screwing us.
my bike tax is what it is
my gov't is $hit

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I love Arkansas. Registration under 30 bucks for the voyager and personal property tax for a ninja, voyager, van, pickup, motorhome and motorcycle trailer 285 bucks a year.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Guys & Gals we might as well get ready cause its gonna be worse way worse before it gets better, wait until they nationalize your 401 and IRA and dole it out at 200 a month when you turn 80, where else they gona get all those trillions >>>>>>> Bulldozer, glad in a weird way im old....

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm old enough to be tired but not retired.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I do not have a 401 or IRA. I did not go that route. I have my money under the house...... :eek:

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
At least there it is safe from the theives.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just got my Florida renewal in the mail - $56.65 for one year for my 2009 Nomad.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
I paid $200 for tax, tag and title when I bought mine used here in FL. I don't know what they taxed me on 'cause they didn't ask the price I bought it for.
Here in Nevada on a new vehicle your regis fee is based on sale price. UNTIL LAST YEAR we paid taxes on used vehicles (still do through a dealer). The regis fee on a used vehicle is determined by how much it sold new, and prorated by how old it is now down to a set amount. The lowest fee for a motorcycle and most vehicles is right at $65. When you call it a tax at DMV they will quickly tell you it is not a tax, it is a fee. Tax....fee... oranges.... apples....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey you guys over the pond...you think you`re screwed....I pay £76 per year for my VV road tax here in the UK....£176 for fully comp insurance per year......& at the moment £1.35 a ltr for Gas.....thats about $9.50 gall in your lingo.!....hope your oil never runs out...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts