Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in discovering things on my "new" bike. It seems to follow the issues others are having:
speedometer is 5 mph off, gas gas showed less than 1/2 full when it was full and empty when is was still more than half full. Neither of these issues is that important at this time. I still haven't decided if I will try to make the "fixes" to correct either of these. My first refill was just to play it safe, I can't remember the miles, but it took less than 2.5 gallons. When I pulled into the garage tonight I was at 166 miles and plan on driving until the fuel light comes on.

I do have a couple of questions:
How full should I fill the tank? There is a "neck", do I fill to the bottom of that or is there a reason not to fill it further up?

The previous owner removed the baffles, but kept the exhaust stock. Is there any need to retune or do anything else to keep everything running properly?

thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would only fill the tank to the bottom of the filler neck. Leave some room for expansion. As far as the tuner is concerned, it is only needed if both the exhaust and a high flow intake are installed. Even though the stock pipes have been debaffled, they may possibly still have the catalyst still in place.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts