Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking reflective helmet options to make my helmet more visible at night. I have been doing some looking and haven't really found much. Here at work, we have some of the reflective silver/red tape that you see on trailers, but I want to see what some other options are. Thank you

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
3M makes a product called VFLUO that is retro reflective material. It comes in approx. letter sized peel and stick adhesive backed sheets, or stickers. I got a couple of the sheets (black) of the VFLUO (or something very similar) years ago before they called it that, cut some strips and made a chevron on the back of my helmet. I have had a number of folks tell me that it is very visible and attention getting it is. The black strips look like white lights when headlights hit them.

I have put it on my helmet, saddlebags when I had black ones, back of a sissybar pad, a strip across the bottom of the rear fender like a trim piece, ...

Search Amazon for "retro reflective sheet". Sheets and stickers will be listed for the 3M product and other brands.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VFLUO is actually the name brand of the company that makes it using the 3M product. They are based in France. Seems like most options out there are black until light hits them. I would like something to match the helmet if possible. Thank you both for the ideas. I will keep looking.

·
Registered
127 Posts
a stick on blinky white led? no drinking and biking though in case you were to be bothered for having the blinky lights.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Whistler Moto Glo has an attachment that I guess it tapes or sticks to the back of your helmet. It's $60

If I didn't have my GMAX helmet, I would look at the Whistler very seriously.

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
VFLUO is actually the name brand of the company that makes it using the 3M product. They are based in France. Seems like most options out there are black until light hits them. I would like something to match the helmet if possible. Thank you both for the ideas. I will keep looking.
Well, that explains why mine wasn't called that, LOL. Good luck finding something to match the color of your helmet (you didn't mention what color you are looking for). I have a white helmet, so the black in a chevron pattern looks OK.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that explains why mine wasn't called that, LOL. Good luck finding something to match the color of your helmet (you didn't mention what color you are looking for). I have a white helmet, so the black in a chevron pattern looks OK.
Crap, I thought I did say the color. It is silver. This is what I wear:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
About 2 years ago, I thought I saw, in these forums, a reflective paint that could be sprayed on just about anything. It's clear in daylight but HIGHLY reflective at night. Can't remember what it is called, but I do beleive it came out of France as well. I'll do some searching around to see if I can find anything on it when I get a chance

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
Wireless Helmet lights. Ebay

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just ordered some of the 3m stuff. Looks pretty quality and like it will work both on my bike and also on the tail case I just ordered. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts