Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I bought a Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 Cafe. I have done the reduce peg install and now I just need to do the reduce handlebar install. I have searched on Youtube for videos on how to's and I haven't been able to find anything on this. Can anyone on here give me some information on how to do this install or provide me with a link on where I can find instructions on how to do it. The dealership is gonna charge me $250 to get it done. If I can't figure it out myself, I think I might go that route. Thank you

·
Registered
2015 Vulcan S, 2009 Ninja 500R, 2019 KTM 450 EXC-F Six Days
10 Posts
Handlebar Removal
• For the left side, remove:
Rear View Mirror
Clamps
Clutch Lever Holder Clamp Bolts
Clutch Lever Assembly
Left Switch Housing
Handlebar End/Weight
Left Handlebar Grip

• For the right side, remove:
Rear View Mirror
Clamps
Front Master Cylinder
Right Switch Housing
Handlebar End/Weight
Throttle Grip

• Remove:
Meter Unit
Upper Handlebar Holder Bolts
Upper Handlebar Holder
Handlebars

Installation is reverse of removal. I haven't pulled the throttle tube on my Vulcan S yet, but if it's anything like my Ninja it can be a little tricky to getting the cables where they belong.

Torque specs:
Upper handlebar holder bolts: 25 ft-lbs.
Switch housings: 31 in-lbs.
Handlebar end/weights: Tight.

Search around the forums for guides on how to remove anything you're unsure about. $250 to replace handlebars seems very high for what is likely a half hour job, unless that includes the cost of the handlebars.

·
Super Moderator
3,091 Posts
Hi Dianne. Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Happy you decided to join us. Captain Banana is spot on with his instructions. Not a difficult modification. Just take you time. If you get a snag along the way, post back here and the members will help. Make sure to cover the tank and the fender to protect them. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
655 Posts
I'll add to place a towel or some kind of covering to the gas tank. Dropping a tool and chipping the tank paint is a bummer, yes, experience from years ago speaking.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania, looks like the procedure was perfectly outlined, best of luck in your install!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I apologize for jumping in but this is what I needed. I just dropped my S 650 and bent the right handlebars pretty bad and need to replace them. Thanks CaptBanana for the instructions and thank you Dianne for starting this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts