Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know an effective way to remove the trim around the wheels? It's a red stripe on my 2013 and it looks like it is a tape of some sort.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Does anyone know an effective way to remove the trim around the wheels? It's a red stripe on my 2013 and it looks like it is a tape of some sort.
If it is tape you might be able to use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften up the adhesive and pull it off. You can look on YouTube re debadging or pinstripe removal.

I used a hair dryer to debadge my side covers worked great. I have not done the wheels, my 900 custom wheels are silver.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wheel trim

Mine was the black/grey paint scheme with the green trim on the wheels. My green wheel trim was pretty easily removed by just peeling it with a sharp edge. It seemed pretty brittle (like maybe it had clear coat sprayed on over it) so that it came off in small pieces, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't too hard to get it off.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2015
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I think I'll try your method first Brewin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts