Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sitting in my hospital bed this morning recouping from a motorcycle accident that happened Sunday midday. My brother and I were doing a pre-ride for a group ride to tour the restored covered bridges in Perry County, PA. I was making a turn off the main road onto one of the side roads the bridges are on and he didn't get whoaed up as fast as he should have and caught the back of my bike with his engine guard somehow hooking it on my saddlebag... Got high-sided. He went down too. I got a broken collar bone, seven broken ribs, a small pneumothorax that luckily hasn't required a chest tube and a small bone chip on my hip. I was wearing my leather jacket and helmet. Both did their job. My brother wasn't wearing more than a long sleeve shirt, a leather vest and his helmet. He got road rash on his arms and bruised ribs. Both bikes are fixable... Thank God for engine guards! And helmets are replaceable.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Wow.. good luck in recovering. . Hope it all heals quickly.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Thanks! And congrats on winning bike of the month.
Ha, Thank you.. So.. Have you got your list put together as what you may need to fix the bike/ upgrade?

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, Thank you.. So.. Have you got your list put together as what you may need to fix the bike/ upgrade?
Haven't had a chance to look at it in person... only looked at pics that my wife sent to my phone last night after the towing service delivered it and my brother's bike to my garage. Been stuck in Critical Care with the pneumothorax in my left lung. Moving to regular room today and probably home tomorrow. I will be able to look it over then.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Get and feel better...

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Wow, at least it was family?!?!?!?! No worries about someone driving away.......
Hope you and your brother both heal quickly and get the bikes back on the road soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
When you get to moving around a bit post some picks of the bikes, would like to see how the scoot held up to it all...Get well, and get back on....

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident and your injuries. Glad it wasn't any worse than it was. I have to get a riding jacket for the summer. My t-shirts just aren't going to do it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts