1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I recommend going with a unit directly from RAM. They are serious quality and they are sturdy. I have one for my GPS and it's phenominal.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Judging by the part number listed on the page you linked to for a possible mount, it looks like you can get various one from Ram with the similar bolt hole pattern on the back as this picture. I have a couple Ram ball mounts on my bike and mount everything on them....they can't be beat in my opinion

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
I use a Ram mount that has a U bolt between the risers with a ball. Use it for my GPS and remove the arm and GPS mount, leaving the ball on the handle bars when not in use. Works perfect for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ditto......:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the RAM Mount 9 mm Angled Base Motorcycle (RAM-B-272-A-UN7). I drilled a hole in the center of the upper dash, where the windshield meets the dash. I plug in my Iphone, stream my music and use the WAZE app, as my GPS...

If your interested I can post a pic later on...

·
Registered
23 Posts
also run the ram mount that leaves thte ball when removed. going into my second season with it and have had zero issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
pics as requested

1st pic you can see the audio and iphone cords on the left and the RAM mount dead center

2nd pic, you can see the small hole I made for the cords and the bolt used to support/hold the RAM mount

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I say go to a west marine store. And look at what they have

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use the RAM Mount 9 mm Angled Base Motorcycle (RAM-B-272-A-UN7). I drilled a hole in the center of the upper dash, where the windshield meets the dash. I plug in my Iphone, stream my music and use the WAZE app, as my GPS...

If your interested I can post a pic later on...

Hey Jester, I'm going to steal this method exactly. Just what I've been trying to figure out. I use an iphone 6plus so its just to big to do a bar or clamp mount without blocking half of my displays. Can I ask how and where did you connect the other end of your charge cord??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I went with the second with the smartphone mount.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts