Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably an usual request , but i find my mufflers fairly loud and am wondering if any one has recommendations for a manufacturer for really quiet pipes or maybe a work around of sorts . Yeah i know most people want louder exhaust ,guess i'm getting old . Thanks in advance for any suggestions .

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you are running stock pipes and they are to loud.... maybe ear plugs would be a simple fix.
I don't know if they make a replacement quiet core baffle for stock pipes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get louder pipes and good earplugs! It's good for people who can't (or won't) see you to at least be able to hear you.

·
Registered
950 Posts
This is probably an usual request , but i find my mufflers fairly loud and am wondering if any one has recommendations for a manufacturer for really quiet pipes or maybe a work around of sorts . Yeah i know most people want louder exhaust ,guess i'm getting old . Thanks in advance for any suggestions .
To the best of my knowledge, stock pipes are as quiet as you are going to get. If your air cleaner isn't stock, I'd go back to it. The high flow air cleaners let a lot of engine noise out. If it's stock as well, ear plugs are in order.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
maybe some one gutted them ???? .... my stockers are real quiet. But then again, i still wear ear plugs.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
When I had stock pipes on my 900 the whining of the engine/ticking of the fuel injectors/etc. were louder than the exhaust. Once you got up to speed you couldn't hear it at all. I don't think it gets any quieter.

Show us a pic of your exhaust. I'm betting someone cut those baffles out!

·
Registered
498 Posts
You could do what the PO of my bike did But I don't know what it does for performance. He jammed a 2 foot peice of 1/2 galvanized pipe in each muffler. Sounded like a scooter. The stocker are as quiet as you are going to find. If you bought the bike used someone may have de baffled them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts