Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in Late November I ordered a Reckless Fairing for my 2012 Nomad. I received it around the first of December. Everything worked as it should, I love the fairing. It has a USB port so I download my music and that keeps me entertained. One day about a month ago, I thought I would listen to a FM station. Switched over to FM, nothing. While in Sturgis I had the guys from Reckless look at it and they couldn't get it to work. So I called Debbie at Reckless. She asked where I was at as she was going to send a new radio out to me. I received it, it was all plug and play. Easy! I also got to see the inside of the fairing, how everything was put together. The attn. to details so nothing rattles in the fairing was awesome. The thing is put together very well. I guess my original point was about service. A lot of companies would tell me to call or deal with the radio munufacturer after that amount of time. As Debbie stated: "we want satisfied customers!" They do here!!!

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
i love and am loyal to customer service like that. I spoil my customers the same way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got and installed my Reckless Joker fairing , with matching paint job for my 2020 classic 900 LT.
Also, bought all the accessories , including the windshield 3 bags. for storage.
Realized the bag would take more than 4 inches from my 10 inch windshield view.. I wanted to return the 100 dollar bag unopened. They refused to let me return a 100.00 accessory, after spending almost 2,400.00 on the fairing.
I have to admit the fairing looks nice, but mounting and wiring , is basically NO INSTRUCTIONS included.
So unless, you are your own mechanic, or know one - this installation might not be for you >

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
That sure is not the way to get any future business. Their return policy states 30 days and a ridiculous 30% restocking fee. If an item is not a custom order and the merchandise is still in its original packaging and resell-able, that amount is outrageous. Their 24 hour and 30% cancellation fee policy is also not customer oriented. A company is due compensation for changes, but not nearly that much.

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
I've never done business with them, but I know 5 - 6 folks who have and they all rave about the products and the service.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That sure is not the way to get any future business. Their return policy states 30 days and a ridiculous 30% restocking fee. If an item is not a custom order and the merchandise is still in its original packaging and resell-able, that amount is outrageous. Their 24 hour and 30% cancellation fee policy is also not customer oriented. A company is due compensation for changes, but not nearly that much.
Although I agree that there policies are not customer friendly, the website is very clear about their policies and charges. In fact the site states "-All sales are final on accessories". All sales are final means no returns. After reading their return policy, I wouldn't even consider doing business with them. Their return policy tells me that they don't have faith in their products, or they don't trust their customers. But they're asking us to trust them.

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
They probably are a decent company, but their rules are a bit too much. Business is not just black and white and if a company won’t enter the gray area once and a while to satisfy a customer, word of mouth will eventually effect their reputation. A business owner has the right to run his business as he sees fit. But no policy should be set in stone. When I was a car dealer charged 10% for returns. But waived it for regular customers and if the customer was buying more items. My grandfather used to say, “Keep the customer in the game, just make sure he is playing with your dice.”

1 - 7 of 7 Posts