Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing a little esearch on the nine and came across this.
In March 2008, Kawasaki issued a general recall notice (NHTSA Campaign ID: 08V114000) to certain VN900B owners for model years 2006 to 2008 for a fuel hose connector issue. The possibility of failure of this component existed, which could result in the fuel hose coming loose from the fuel injector pipe. This possible defect was also present in the many VN900D model produced in the same timeframe, as well as certain 2008 VN900C's. Per the notice, 31,789 units were potentially affected. Inspection and/or replacement of the affected component was to be conducted free of charge at authorized Kawasaki service centers.
Thought I'd share, regards-SH.

·
Registered
451 Posts
There's a recall on the tank itself, too, for bikes in that same range.

I took mine to the local dealer, who was able to check the computer and determine that my bike had not been checked, and he unbolted the tank and looked underneath for the fuel hose problem, and at the numbers stamped in the tank. He determined that my bike had neither issue.

Whole process took about 45 minutes, and no charge.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went with a Kawi bike, as I had great experiences with Kawi's responses to recall issues with JetSkis.

To me, they appear to be stand up guys !

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the heads up guys I just checked the kawi website and my bike is up for both recalls. I will print off both recalls and call the dealership tommorrow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts