Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well hello my invisible friends...Went today to pick up my 2009 (leftover/new) 900 classic from the dealer and was told "We have a small problem" Ok what is it...a small scratch in the tank that we'll repair for free ( no sh..! ) and come to your home next week and pick it up, bring it to our shop ( for hostage time? ) and bring it back. The scratch was very small and I considered their offer and was willing to let it go. But the wife :mad: wasn't letting that happen. So while finalizing the deal they drop another bomb and say they can't release the bike till the tank gets swapped out because of the recall :cool: Ok so that's the way it has to be ( not many options here for me if I realy want this bike ) Anyway they compromised to give me a Cobra sissy bar and deliver it to my home on thursday...So hopefully all's for good. But I gotta say the dealers reputations still good with me...It was a sh.. happens circumstance that so far they've made good on. ( I hope I don't reget my words ) but I at least have a lasting impression of the bike that was almost mine today attached to this post

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/amerimutt1/vulcan/?action=view&current=008.jpg

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Well hello my invisible friends...Went today to pick up my 2009 (leftover/new) 900 classic from the dealer and was told "We have a small problem" Ok what is it...a small scratch in the tank that we'll repair for free ( no sh..! ) and come to your home next week and pick it up, bring it to our shop ( for hostage time? ) and bring it back. The scratch was very small and I considered their offer and was willing to let it go. But the wife :mad: wasn't letting that happen. So while finalizing the deal they drop another bomb and say they can't release the bike till the tank gets swapped out because of the recall :cool: Ok so that's the way it has to be ( not many options here for me if I realy want this bike ) Anyway they compromised to give me a Cobra sissy bar and deliver it to my home on thursday...So hopefully all's for good. But I gotta say the dealers reputations still good with me...It was a sh.. happens circumstance that so far they've made good on. ( I hope I don't reget my words ) but I at least have a lasting impression of the bike that was almost mine today attached to this post

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/amerimutt1/vulcan/?action=view&current=008.jpg
That is a beautiful bike...and you get the sissy bar thrown in...
Did you get my email?

Rod

·
Registered
451 Posts
Tank recall in '09? They had one for '07, too. Guess they can't get that right.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the 07 leaked at the lines the 09 leaks at the filler cap... Thanks Rod but thats as close as I got to it... oh ya I replied to your email? ?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sounds like you've got a pretty square dealer, not may would have thrown in the sissy bar. Great looking bike ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Yeah it helps sometimes to be patient and see the cards for what they are when layed down...but I'm still only on the flop here

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, stuff does happen, whats important is a dealer that stands behind his product .... that says something about their future service after the sale has been made.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll have to look into this recall thing... I have a new-to-me '09 bought last week used from the dealer. Nice looking bike, Amerimutt. :]

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks whiting57 but their not my local-wish they were. 40 miles away they had the only black vulc classic closest to me ( Cherryhill cycle world NJ ).....Thanks too ROFLOL, you may or may not have the issue. Go to the kawasaki web site and put your serial # in the search ( it's located @ the very bottom of the home page in small print) it should tell you it's status. However Iv'e seen responses from others here that entered their ser# and their bike came up good, but later got a letter advising the bike had to come back for a tank swap....Yeah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts