Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago I laid my vulcan down and caused 3200 bucks worth of cosmetic damage. The last of the replcement parts arrived late yesterday and I have finally got the old girl back into shape. The things I learned from all this were numerous, but the number 1 thing is:

Have a shop manual...spend the money and get one. It proved to be EXTREMELY valuable.

After I give her a good washing, I'll post a few pictures.

Cheers

Toymaker

·
Registered
59 Posts
looking forward to seeing the new pics

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the new and improved Vulcan. It WAS white/Titanium...now Blue/Silver

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Nice job! I like the bags/trunk. $3200 I am surprised they didn't total it.

I am curious, since you and your ride have been through this traumatic experience and healing, how do you feel about it now?

At least you'll have a few war trophies to hang on the garage wall and laugh about.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since I still don't know what really happened, it is on the wierd side. My confidence was shaken a little, but I had to ride 200 miles just to get home. By the time I got everything fixed, I had ridden a little. Now, for the most part I am "back to normal."

Just a bit more observant, that's all.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Good for you! The fact you had to ride it home helped your confidence and desire to return it to normal. I have never been a fan of 2 tone color schemes with the exception of any thing with blue, and yours is sharp.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Nice job, looks great, good to see you are back in the saddle and your bike is back on the road. Love that two tone.

·
Administrator
11,999 Posts
Since I still don't know what really happened, it is on the wierd side. My confidence was shaken a little, but I had to ride 200 miles just to get home. By the time I got everything fixed, I had ridden a little. Now, for the most part I am "back to normal."

Just a bit more observant, that's all.
After I went down years ago, the biggest thing I had was I was squeezing the grips so hard my hands would cramp on the grips, be white and cold! I had to train that stuff outta me. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
what a beaut!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Very nice job.... looks great

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yep, very nice looking ride there, Toy. Hope it serves you well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts