Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ONLY thing that I don't like about my 2007 Classic is that it has tubed wheels!
Riding here in the Philippines is beautiful however I have never had so many flat tires in all of my riding when I lived in California.
I just got my Clymers manual and looked up removing the rear wheel and it says to remove the exhaust system!!!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I think the reason is that they want you to remove the wheel from the right side of the bike.
How do you guys remove the wheel without making an all day progect on the side of the road?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I don't know how you would do it road side without a center stand, but you don't need to remove the exhaust. The pipes are in the way only if you try to put a socket wrench on the axel nut. Use an open ended wrench and you're good to go. The real problem is that you need to get the bike high enough to roll the wheel out from under the fender. I don't how you'd do that road-side, I use an MC jack in my driveway. Mine's a custom with a bobbed fender but other than that the plan is the same.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts