Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read everything I could find about rear wheel removal for the Voyager. Looks like the best/easiest method seems to be removing both rear shocks.

Is this the consensus? I "think" my harbor freight motorcycle jack will get the bike high enough to drop the wheel.

Craig

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yes, but that is one way to do it. You might find it hard to align it up again. This shows doing it that way but I think I prefer the way I did it the second time for the CT. You do have to take off the left muffler so the axel will come out.
Either way, it's a lot of work. You will need help to align the axel on assembly.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yea the blue got me hook line & sinker. Saw it at bike week in Daytona 2009. Had to trade in my Suzuki Blv. to get it.
Anyway this is what I put on it. Really like it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David,

With all the work involved in replacing the rear tire I don't blame you for going Dark side. Your gonna get superb mileage out of that and considering our state is so flat and roads straight, it makes sense. A riding friend of mine has a CT on her Vulcan 2000 and has been very very happy with it.

Craig

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yeah it has almost 10K miles on it and I still can't see ware on it, but I'm sure it has some. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts