Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing that I need to complete what is already a very tidy VN900 is the rear wheel spokes!
Nightmare to get to:crying2:,, Unless you remove I guess, Anybody no of some genuine products and methods of cleaning what is going to be a long but final job?:wink2:

Thanks for any help guy's

·
Registered
308 Posts
I never cleaned the spokes on my 900 other than hit them with spray from a hose to knock loose dirt off. They are cadmium coated and will never appear bright and shiny. Be careful not to rub that coating off or they'll rust.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is a subject near and dear to my heart, and I've tried lots of stuff. I actually find the rotor side of the front harder to clean than the rear. Ive been using Simple Green Pro HD for about two years now and it does really well, and leaves a decent shine, but like Carguy says, they're not chromed so don't expect gleam. I'm a big fan of the stuff and Simplegreen in general. They have a new product ( Simple Green Wheel & Tire Cleaner ) that I'm anxious to try.

They do form an oxide layer and respond well to metal polish, and If I'm feeling really industrious I use All Metal Polish | Meguiar's . I've found this stuff to give the most shine with the least work, but do save whitewall detailing for after. Nevr-dull is good too IMHO, but I personally prefer the Meguiar's.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Give me the solid wheels on the Custom any day.Just cleaned mine,took under five minutes.That is one thing I do not miss from my Classic,spokes..Do miss the floor boards though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Powder Coating

Well it's got to be said although the chrome is in excellent condition on the wheels and the front spokes are very good to, I'm very tempted at some stage to get the wheels/Spokes powder coated?
A much cheaper option to buying new solid wheels that's for sure! :grin2:

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I use one of those sponges on a long handle for washing dishes and glasses. works good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
S2000

I use S2000 on the spokes .. it's the only place on my bike that I let that stuff touch ... but it does a great job, spray on, quick brush, hose off immediately.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I hate spoked wheels but unfortunately that's all that was available OEM on my '07 900 Classic LT. I do as CarGuy suggests (Post #2) and that is it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hate the spoke wheels also-QUESTION IS: will mag style wheels off of,say,a custom,fit the classic LT ?

A custom made mag,chrome wheel cost around 1000.xx dollars each when I did a search. Thats just way too much for me.

But if wheels from another machine fits and are same tire size,I may change. Anyone have any info on this ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Agree about the cost of aftermarket mag wheels for a 900 Classic LT - I also checked after I got my '07 new. But having mag wheels also would help if one has a flat on the road since on-the-spot repair would be possible.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Actually, there is a water activated 2 stage spin brush I saw on Facebook.....
I haven't bought it yet, but it looks most promising....
It's fairly inexpensive, but I am sure the shipping will make up for that...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I hate the spoke wheels also-QUESTION IS: will mag style wheels off of,say,a custom,fit the classic LT ?

A custom made mag,chrome wheel cost around 1000.xx dollars each when I did a search. Thats just way too much for me.

But if wheels from another machine fits and are same tire size,I may change. Anyone have any info on this ?
I will clean your spokes for only $500, cash, up front. PM me. (Airfare, hotel, ground transportation, dealer prep, per diem, tax, tip and gratuity not included. Some restrictions may apply. Pipes, clamps and welded parts extra. Prior performance is not indicative of future results. Closed course with professional riders. Never use an open flame or lit match to check fuel levels. Do NOT use for personal hygiene. Limited time offer.) YOU WILL SAVE ALMOST 50%.

:pirate:

·
Registered
521 Posts
I may try a toilet brush and car wheel cleaner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts