Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had a chance to look at the service manual yet but I'll need to help my son replace one of the rear turn signals on his KVS tonight and I assume I'll need to get the rear fender off to expose all the wiring, disconnect that signal, remove it and install the replacement.

Or is it more complicated than that?

Anything unexpected I should be aware of? Seems simple but that's usually when the manufacturer slips something silly in to over-complicate it.

I'll be able to look at the service manual tonight but figured I'd tap the community now while I'm bored silly on a conference call.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Direct replacement?

Remove Phillips screw disconnect electrical quick connects and remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, direct replacement with OEM part.

But the wire is pretty long on that unit...is there a quick disconnect at the unit or just at the far end of the cable?

If there's one right there at the assembly then it's easy as pie for sure.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent...I'll investigate tonight and see. Perhaps I can escape the need to remove a bunch of parts and this will be a quick job.

If that happens then I definitely have time to force the boy to wash the bike. It's his now but if he want's to keep it in my garage, wants to ride with me and wants me to be his mechanic he can at least take 30 minutes to wash it once in a while ;-)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It got done. Ended up removing the fender to get done. P.I.A. with all the damn bolts and parts that need to be removed but such is the life of a motorcycle owner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts