Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to posting so bare with me. I have a 96 800 that I put a rear Classic fender on it and hard saddle bags. I can't use the stock turn signals as there is no room. Any suggestions on turn signals that mount on the fender without major modifications.

Thanks in advance, Ed

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Problem is I mounted the bags with Easy Brackets so I can take the bags off if I wanted to ride without them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

I appreciate the suggestions. When I figure out which way I'm going with this I'll post some before and after pics.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Vulcan 800 Classic Rear Turn Signal Relocation

You can search tali light relocation on this site.

VN800 Turn signal relocation (post 1 of 2 - pics galore!) - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums

If you look on the net I'm sure you can buy a bracket from a place like cruiser customs.
I used this advice and it worked great - the parts were available through a local OEM retailer (you can also get them online - I spent ~$85 for everything I needed). Best part is that you can use the existing turn signal lights. Several minor differences with my install:
- I took the rear fender off to drill the three holes
- I extended the turn signal cables by 18 inches and wrapped the extra under the seat (cable routing was the same by using the existing brake light cable on the underside of the fender)
- I added locktite to the bolts that held the turn signal mount to the fender

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts