Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Tsup y'all.

Me was wondering of any of you have done anything like this..
I want to relocate my rear turn signals so they aren't hanging down by the ground. I think they would look better up top, by the chrome rail/bags...like on my old vn800a.
I know there are some relocation kits out there, but the product descriptions aren't very clear as to where the lights end up.

So, have any of you done anything like this? Any ideas as to how i can go about doing this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just completely remove them and put in a LED tail light with integrated turn signals. Got mine on ebay for ~$50.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Another option is to install one of those "all-in-one" light things. I ran like that for a few years.

It's the running lights, brake lights, and blinkers all in one. I don't remember who made it.

Here is a picture (with the wife) from 2011, RIGHT before I took the knife to the bike. It has that integrated all-in-one thingy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, that's about the right idea.
Man, are those teeny-tiny things your lights? How are they even on there?

I did consider the all in one route, but my only concern is that cops in my area are assholes and i know they are gonna give me shit over my "rear lamps not being at least 9 inches apart"

They have before....i got a project bike, gsxr frame with a ktm 2-stroke engine i Frankensteined together and they gave me shit on the temp lights i had on there.

So, yeah smed, what is the setup of on that first pic?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Yeah, that's about the right idea.
Man, are those teeny-tiny things your lights? How are they even on there?
they are the Kuryakyn mini bullets. I drilled the side of the fender and mounted them there :)

I have a custom dynamics run-turn-brake controller so the blinkers, brake lights, and running lights all work together.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Every time I see a v2k like Smedlin's, makes me think about cleaning up the rear end on mine, these bikes stand out with this look.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
These (I think) are the same lights as smedlin's just in a different place and with the original tail light.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have some pics in my photo album of my bullet lights a friend gave to me. I drilled the fender for them but they make a metric hollow bolt to run the wire through. What I'd like to have is the run/turn combo. I do have an aux. light on the back of the back rest though that I really like. Can't have too many lights in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It actually looks good by moving those bullets and keeping the stock light. How far into the fender do they go? No danger of them hitting the tire at a bump?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
It actually looks good by moving those bullets and keeping the stock light. How far into the fender do they go? No danger of them hitting the tire at a bump?
There's a spot back there where there's about a 1" hole in the fender strut. I drilled through the fender (man, that's a sphincter tightener the first time you do it) and ran the hollow tube through it (the hole in the strut). It does protrude a bit. I always thought about grinding it down some, but it never did contact the tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts