Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a '01 Vulcan classic with 150/90 b16 on the rear, anyone know what is the widest I can run on it? running Commander II's up front.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My guess is 180/65/16 which comes in a commander II as well, thats what alot of 1700 riders use, but perhaps someone else will know more....ride on.....

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Have a '01 Vulcan classic with 150/90 b16 on the rear, anyone know what is the widest I can run on it? running Commander II's up front.
mb,, measure the RIM width. inches x 25mm. consult yor local online tire store such as tirerack.com, will usually list appro tire size by rim size.
you typically can go up 1 or 2 sizes max from stock tire widths and being able to keep the tire Bead on the Rim..
Keep in mind that on a Round Profile mc tire that increasing the tire size on a smaller rim does not increase the Total Width and Footprint you are putting on the ground. Rather you are creating a bigger round profile that changes the way the bike will Tip In corners.. slower.

If yor wanting to put a bigger Sasquatch footprint on the ground, particular running straight, is to repent and convert to a Ct in about same similar size as Mt.
also keep in mind that you are now going Rogue and over to the Darkside where you will be flamed and shamed by the host of fearful purist (religion) residing this and every other 4m. So b4 yor tire sole burns in hell for all eternity.. consider the ramifications of yor sinning and grinning.. all just to get a little more rubber on the road.? poncho

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poncho, gonna stay with the stock tire. being a wider is not gonna make foe a larger footprint, But have considered the ct but that is as far as I have gotten, a friend of mind here as went to the DS with a ct on his, but not ready for that myself yet, but am keeping a open mind on going to the ct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoping to run 160 white wall rear on my 16" 800cc Classic, Anyone in Oz know of good tyre dealers?

Cheers Sidey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts