Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read somewhere that you could remove the rear tire without touching the adjusting bolts. If this is possible I would like to know how.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think the only way you can easily remove the rear without loosening the adjusters is to cut the belt. It is on there pretty tight. Just scribe your adjusters with a sharp metal object to get them back to where they were. Also, it there is the first time you are pulling the rear off make sure that you take a pic of the spacer/brake caliper configuration on the right rear to make sure you get them back in correctly..:grin2:

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,912 Posts
I actually removed the rear wheel this weekend (put a new Avon Cobra on it).

I don't think I could do it without loosening up the adjusting bolts.

I know i've seen the dealer remove the rear tire without loosening them up, but I can't.

I even take off the fender. Just makes it much easier.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the Nexen tire on and I did move the adjusting bolts. The CT handles just like a MT or even better. Rode several miles on the Interstate doing on and off ramps and I think it did better with the CT on. Read where about 36 psi would work and it did. Speedometer is now reading right and the rear has a better ride.
Don't think I will ever go back to a MT.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don't exactly remember how many M/C tires I went thru before I went darkside but I think it was 8 at about $400 CND loonies per. I had good luck with the first car tire but the second was a dismal failure as the sidewalls were much to flimsy. I am currently using a Falken Zeix and it is the best one yet. Good water channel, hard sidewall, and a more rounded profile so lots of rubber on the road. Wifey, luggage and me are around 650lbs so the car tire with its extended GVW really stands up. I went back to Bridgestone for the front with the Excedra Max. Fronts only last me two seasons so I have for sure had 7 of them since I pulled the beast off the showroom floor lol:nerd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts