Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys , i got the 215/60/16 TT mounted and on , but i had to remove the plastic splash guard. Any issues you see with this? it Rubbed slightly , i figured better to remove it than wreck it or the tire.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Without that, your gonna get mud and crap thrown all over "everything under the seat".

There is actually a lot of room in-between the fender and that plastic mud flap. Where the mud flap's top two screws are (those raised brackets on the swing arm), bend them up slightly. It does not take much.. but it will raise that plastic flap up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man , I'll give that a shot tomorrow , i gotta pull my hitch anyway , it rubs a bit on the big bumps , & i doubt if i will ever pull a trailer , it just came on the bike when i bought it

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks man , I'll give that a shot tomorrow , i gotta pull my hitch anyway , it rubs a bit on the big bumps , & i doubt if i will ever pull a trailer , it just came on the bike when i bought it[/QUOTE

If you are gonna take the hitch off and get rid of it i will take it off your hands. name a price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey RoadToaster , I'm thinking $175 with the ball and wiring harness , you pay shipping when it gets there. I'm in alberta , i don't know what the shipping would be.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
If it doesn't work out with RT, hit me up. I'm in Cold Lake AB so I can make arrangements.......
But give Road Toaster first crack if you want.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For sure Trenton , I'm thinking the shipping would kill the value going into the states? I dunno .....my email is [email protected] . I leave for work on the 31st , i'll be home apr 15th ish. Chime in RoadToaster if your thinking you want , you spoke first so u get first crack , let me know and if not she's yours Trenton. I also have that brand new never installed Avon AV72 Cobra Rear 200/60/16 tire i have for sale , i'll make ya a good deal on that as well , i paid $290 , i'll let it go for $250

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well , i did a little modifying on the shield and got it to fit ;-) , i didn't want to have a bunch of crap up in there , i guess we'll see how she goes 2up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like its yours if you want it TrentonC. Feel free to email me direct if you want and we can sort out the details.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 225/60/16 on mine and after about three years it wore through the splash guard so I removed it. It has been gone for a couple of years now and hasn't caused any issues. I try not to go off road on the V2k so there isn't much in the way of mud that goes in there. :D

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
....my email is ...
I strongly suggest you remove your email address from the open post. Putting it out like that is a real good way to put it on a silver platter for every spambot known to man. It may be too late already...but do it anyway.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I run a 225/60-16 on mine and I always ride solo as the wife is disabled. Had to raise the rear shock tension all the way up and increase the damping rate to about 3/4. to keep mine from rubbing on the rear fender brace. Ride is a hair rougher but almost unnoticeable. Also need to ensure drive belt tension is correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts