Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Warning:

ONLY WORKS IF YOU HAVE FENDER ELIMINATOR. I'm sure there are other that work with the ugly arse stock fender.

You need m10 x 1.5 spools.

I use the $30 tubular one from Harbor Freight. Been 2 years and going strong! I also use the front tire drive in stand from harbor as well. I don't trust the rear without a front support. You have to swap out the rear stand supports.

The Oxford Big Black Bike Rear Stand Spool Support cost me $19.95 plus S&H from RevZilla. Oxford Big Black Bike Rear Stand Spool Support - RevZilla

https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-lb-capacity-motorcycle-standwheel-chock-61670.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-swingarm-rear-stand-65620.html

·
Registered
910 Posts
I used a "Venom" rear stand when I had mine. Worked perfect without the fender eliminator kit, but you obviously have to stand the bike up straight to engage it and lift. You can use a rear stand without a front one, all day long. But don't use a front one without a rear stand in place unless you want your bike to fall.
If you have lots of money to blow, go for the "Pitbull" stands. Probably the best out there.
Lots of threads on bike stands (and pictures) on the 650 forums, do a search!

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the replies. I will get the Pit Bull rear stand (front facing handle) from Revzilla when they have the spools back in stock. Talking about spools: which ones are better, the aluminum or plastic ones?

·
Registered
310 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again to all! I ordered the Pit Bull rear stand, and a suitable set of spools.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The venom rear stand will work, probably not as sturdy as the pit bull, the trackside front stand works.

The spoils are 10mm with 10mmx 1.25mm thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks again to all! I ordered the Pit Bull rear stand, and a suitable set of spools.
It helps to have a helper on the right side of the bike to help guide the lift into the spool on that side as well as to help steady the bike. If you use an extension to extend the handle of the lift you'll have to lift the side stand and foot peg up as you lift the bike; not a problem but it helps. Once up the bike is rock solid stable. Once it's up you can remove the extension from the handle.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am an old and small guy, so I will definitely not try to do this on my own!

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Trust me I have arthritis and it's pretty easy. The bike is not that unwieldy. This is why I use the front drive in stand first. It helps stabilize the bike to line up spools with one hand and raise the bike. Fender eliminator helps you get real close to the fender to make it easier.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
I REALLY loved my PitBull forward handle rear stand. But it was a bit for me since I am short,fat and old. The 1 inch lift made a world of difference. However since I went to an Arrow , I can't use the Pit Bull.😫

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am still waiting for delivery of the Pit Bull stand, but today I received the spools (10 M x 1.25). I can inset them into the threaded hole and turn a few times, but then they get really tight. Is this normal?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the feeling the thread on the spools I have are not quite right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep, I have to order another set. The spools I got from Amazon Prime had the wrong bolt thread: 10 M x 1.5 instead of the correct 10 M x 1.25. They were marketed as 10 M x 1.25.

·
Registered
126 Posts
These are the spools I installed on our ‘16 Vulcan S; works great.
Two words of advice - blue Loctite.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/390631771204

Ride safe!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The ones I ordered (and am returning) were M10 x 1.25, but the spool hits the swing arm long before touching the boss. I could have added spacers, but thought I should have the right ones. Having some experience dealing with powder coating, it is good to chase the threads first to remove the coating, but I don't have a single metric tap.

Thanks RM. Ordered one that didn't fit before seeing your advice. Hopefully it will fit the 2019 S
Clump

1 - 20 of 21 Posts