Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Voyager and thinking about adding rear speakers for my wife. I would be installing the OEM speakers. Are they worth it? How is the sound at 60 mph?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the OEM on mine. If you are okay with the sound of the stock front one, they are okay - but not for the OEM price in my opinion. Here in germany, Kawasaki is calling about 450 $ for that pair. Got mine via Ebay from a dealership in the USA for 200 $, free shipping to my hotel and took them home in my baggage.

By the way, I can still hear music up the 170 Kph ~ 105 mph. Perhaps also faster, but never riddin faster than that on the Voyager.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Demolition Man. Just the answer I needed. I probably won't go 105 mph but nice to know. Beautiful country. I was stationed there 92-95 in Wurzburg. My daughter lives near Nurnburg.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey,
I have them too they are nice and look good. They are a little expensive and with the stock radio and speakers at speed the rider really won't hear the difference but the passenger will be able to enjoy them. I bought them just for the mount, after I installed them and used them for a month or so I replaced all the speakers with polk Audio's and installed a Clarion amp.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey,
I have them too they are nice and look good. They are a little expensive and with the stock radio and speakers at speed the rider really won't hear the difference but the passenger will be able to enjoy them. I bought them just for the mount, after I installed them and used them for a month or so I replaced all the speakers with polk Audio's and installed a Clarion amp.
Same thing I did, but I have a Kenwood amp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Disco42,
I see no reason why they would not work as long as you can mount them so they don't interfere with the passenger on the bike (If you plan on taking a passenger). Only reason for the OEM speakers is they mount on the corners of the trunk, leather wrapped to match the back rest on the trunk and they don't interfere with the passenger on the back. Though they are expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts