Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo guys

Just want to know thinking of ordering rear speakers, does it make a real differance
I love my music and like the audio on the voyager.

Thanks

Cheers

Charlie

·
Registered
83 Posts
To me the rear speakers make a huge difference.
Now I feel like I'm in the music instead of the music just in front of me.
Also I think the rear speakers round out the look better.

Pa-Toon-Ya

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hell yeah! Ask the guys riding behind me last week - They enjoyed my music as much as I did!

+1 on the "looks better" part too - They make the back look finished.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Oh heck yeah, just like Outforit said I feel like I'm in the middle of it. The only downside is they are a little pricey. If you can afford them that is the way to go for sure. But there have been previous threads on this subject where others have bought aftermarket speakers for a whole lot less. I remember seeing some pictures and they were chrome. But honestly the Kawasaki sneakers mount and look the best to me. There is a metal plate that goes on the inside with the nuts making it a very sturdy mount let us know how it comes out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
This is really great news to hear. I order the rear speakers yesterday when I finalized the purchase of my new VV. They will be in and get installed next Wednesday. Also got the iPod adapter cable for those times when I just gotta have my own tunes :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
I echo what everyone else has said. I installed them and it wasn't bad at all except when I had to drill the first hole :) You will enjoy the iPod hook up as well.

Frank

·
Registered
644 Posts
The rear speakers really help fill in the back. Big help. Mine is loud. 'Course...I have a Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp with Polk Audio speakers running so it does beat the stock set up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
An alternative to the Kawasaki $350 rear speakers An after market amp/speakers system on the cheap.

If you just interested in getting sound to the rear for a rider these speakers will fill the bill and they're very attractive and look like they where just made for the Voyager. The good news is you can get the amp/speaker system for around $60 including shipping. The bad news is if your an audio aficionado this system is not for you.

For mounting you must either reinforce the inside of trunk with epoxy and large washers or fabricate a bar to support inside the trunk for the speakers to prevent the trunk from cracking as there are only 2 small mounting screws.

Lots of systems here: http://www.gooddeals18.com/category/motorcycle_audio/

·
Registered
636 Posts
good speaker

An alternative to the Kawasaki $350 rear speakers An after market amp/speakers system on the cheap.

If you just interested in getting sound to the rear for a rider these speakers will fill the bill and they're very attractive and look like they where just made for the Voyager. The good news is you can get the amp/speaker system for around $60 including shipping. The bad news is if your an audio aficionado this system is not for you.

For mounting you must either reinforce the inside of trunk with epoxy and large washers or fabricate a bar to support inside the trunk for the speakers to prevent the trunk from cracking as there are only 2 small mounting screws.

I think that is a Shark system. I had one of those systems on my VTX 1800. They have really good sound never had a problem with them. The only thing I didnt like was the mounting screws. Kind of flimsy.

·
Registered
22 Posts

how much trouble was it to wire these speakers in

·
Registered
5 Posts
mounting amp

raw6464, where did you mount the amp? I just ordered the speaker and the amp. I was thinking I could mount it under the trunk? Do you have any pictures of where you mounted your amp and hooked into the stock wiring?
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
sku #

the sku# is : SHKCYCLEKIT

Using the link provided in a previous post here.. Its supposed to be a 100 watt amp and 2 speakers. With shipping less than $60.00 :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
raw6464, where did you mount the amp? I just ordered the speaker and the amp. I was thinking I could mount it under the trunk? Do you have any pictures of where you mounted your amp and hooked into the stock wiring?
Thanks,
Paul
I mounted the amp in the trunk... powered from the aux connections under the seat. Mounted on the left side of the trunk.

But I have to say you really don't need the amp... the factory radio will drive the speakers... an amp only enhances the output.

Installing the amp you may need a ground loop isolation to rid of ground buzz. Google a ground loop isolation x-former.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Let me emphasize and strongly recommend you reinforce the inside of the trunk with something like putty epoxy, it comes in a tube and you can get it in hardware and auto parts stores. The trunk WILL crack if you don't.

I reinforced the trunk with the putty epoxy and placed a piece of the extra strong black duct tape over the epoxy inside the trunk where the speakers are mounted to insure a strong mount. The mounting screws are flimsy.

P.S. I also used blue Locktite and oversize washers on the screws.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts