Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Kawasaki rear speaker kit a couple of weeks ago. I really like the speakers but not crazy about the location of the wires. Maybe I didn't understand the installation directions. You can see the wires from where they come out from behind the speakers. I searched the website but haven't found anything. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have a solution? I will take a pic tomorrow if I need to.

·
Registered
701 Posts
A picture would help. But the wires to connect the rear speakers are located under the seat. You'll see the 2 connectors tied together.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I have the same speakers installed and no wires showing. I don't understand .
Pictures would be good.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its been a while since I installed the speakers, so I had to go out to the garage to see what you were talking about.

Yes, if you bend way over and look at the space between the saddlebag and the speaker, you can see a couple of inches of the wire from where it comes out of the bottom of the speaker, before it goes under the back seat. In the 2+ years I've had the speakers on the bike, I have never noticed the short piece of black wire you can see. I doubt I could take a picture that would show it.

If you can see more of the wire than that, I would say you have a problem with the installation.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will take a picture. It isn't too bad but I wondered if I did something wrong or maybe there was a better way to do it than what I did.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Providing pics this time. Ya'll tell me what you think. I'd like to put the wires behind the chrome pieces. Or maybe I was supposed to.
That's exactly like has mine . What's the problem?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it would be a much cleaner, better look if the wires were completely hidden. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the same issue, what I did was took my Dremel tool and made a small notch in the plastichrome and tucked the wires in behind the trim, and wallah wires all gone. not really a problem, cant see where the wires go and it is not like I am going to take them off later anyways, so the small notch didn't bother me.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the same issue, what I did was took my Dremel tool and made a small notch in the plastichrome and tucked the wires in behind the trim, and wallah wires all gone. not really a problem, cant see where the wires go and it is not like I am going to take them off later anyways, so the small notch didn't bother me.
This is what I had in mind. Thanks for the reply and suggestion.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been debating on getting these speakers. I know it would sound so much better. How do you like them?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
This was the best mod I've made. The sound is much better and stronger with the rear speakers. I enjoy being able to listen to music on rides, especially now that I've added rear speakers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Somehow I didn't see all these posts. I listen to the radio all the time. I have a Sena, but don't want to listen to MP3s because I never know what my battery life is like. Not to mention that if I can add noise, so others know I'm there, I'm all about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts