Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 valcan Vaquero, I would like to replace the rear air shocks with some progressive HD shocks. Has anyone done this?, And what did you use for shocks?, And how long of a shock is needed.
Thank you

·
Registered
659 Posts
Search the forum archives... Plenty of us have modified the shocks. Some use Progressive, others use Works Performance Steel Tracker... I used Ohlins model HD 146 shocks, and Race Tech springs and emulators up front. Whatever you use will be a vast improvement over the OEM shocks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search the forum archives... Plenty of us have modified the shocks. Some use Progressive, others use Works Performance Steel Tracker... I used Ohlins model HD 146 shocks, and Race Tech springs and emulators up front. Whatever you use will be a vast improvement over the OEM shocks.
Thank you, if anyone has the model number of the progressive hd's that they used it would be appreciated. I am pretty fond of progressive and I am feeling like I want to do Progressive Springs in the front and shocks in the back. Seems as though our air shocks are not even working they won't even hold air it was a rough summer.
Thank you

·
Registered
659 Posts
I used to be fond of Progressive too - I had their springs up front in my last few bikes, and their mono-shock in my 800. But a shop did the work on my Voyager, and they didn't have such a high opinion of the brand.

I have to admit, the new way of damping the front using emulators, seems to be much, much better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to be fond of Progressive too - I had their springs up front in my last few bikes, and their mono-shock in my 800. But a shop did the work on my Voyager, and they didn't have such a high opinion of the brand.

I have to admit, the new way of damping the front using emulators, seems to be much, much better.
I have used progressive on most of my bikes, I really loved them, I worked at a shop and it's all they used, but who knows, could have just been all they ever used. I have never heard of or seen the emulators your talking about. I guess I need to educate myself on this.
Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts