Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have my rear turn signals also be running lights. Is it possible and what will I need to get this done.

·
Registered
308 Posts
that looks like a great product Alex. great hazard flash option.
keep in mind that for safety reasons, all running lights in the back should be RED. also check your local legislation...

a brake light bulb upgrade and some flashing going on make a noticeable difference in visibility.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just swap the sockets with 1157 ones, red lenses and connect the running light wire from the socket to the wire from the brake light that is always on, I think it is the red one.
Got this cool idea from another user in this forum, a great man!

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
Darkon - I like the socket replacement idea.

What I did was a add 6 red LED strip inside the rear signal housing for the running light/ brake light setup.
Then with the help of some electrical pieces, I made these LEDs turn off when the turn signal was turned on.

If you want more info let me know. Cost about $15 and all parts from ebay.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Once I get my bike I'll be adding Custom Dynamics Dynamic Clusters to the rear tail lights. They have 24 red LEDs in a ring around the outside, and a ring of 24 amber LEDs in the center. So you have red running lights that light up brighter for brake lights, and then amber lights in the middle for your turn signal. I personally find it more appealing than having a red turn signal, but I readily admit that I'm just weird like that.

Part #: GEN180-AR2-1156-THK

https://www.customdynamics.com/kawasaki_turn_signal_led.htm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts