Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of site or has done this themselves, replaced the rear rim and tire on the 900 for something bigger? it seems so small compared to the front. would replacing it require a wider fender?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Don't know about the rim but on a classic you can put a 210 on with no mods. A friend has that on his 900 classic, it looks killer, but it also makes the rear end sit a bit higher. I drove it and didn't care for how it made the seating feel(slightly taller in the back). A lowering kit would take care of that though. Meancycles has a fat tire kit for the 900, but it is pricey, includes rims too.
http://www.meancycles.com/Home.asp?PartID=213355&BikeType=Cruiser&BikeModelID=5764

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that the only place to buy a new rim and tire for these 900's? do u know the spec's for the bike. like the allowed tire widths for these bikes which will fit inside the stock swingarm

·
Registered
525 Posts
You are supposed to be able to go to 200 or 210. I read of a guy with a 230, but everybody else says it is unsafe (on the OEM rim). In my limited experience, on the OEM rim, 200 should be as high as you might want to go.

I also read of a guy using a car tire on the rear. That must be great for trying to lean the bike, but hey, there are no limits to human ingenuity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts