Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the rear rim from a VM2000 would work in a vn900 swingarm? Or any other 16" rim from a full size Kawi , or other brand motorcycle?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now that is a great question because I was just thinking about that myself...I love everything about the bike except for the rear wheel, too small,too skinny and doesnt fit the rear fender , I would love to buy the mimic wheel but just to expensive at the moment

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
been wonderin the same myself......wish i had the funds to try it.. after all someone has to be the first to try it !!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 on the 16" after waiting days for the dealer to get a 180/70-15 tube ordered and installed. No one in town had one. "Must be an odd size." "Only one manufacturer for them." "We don't stock anything under 16 inch." You would think the dealer would stock tubes for the bikes they sell.

·
Registered
236 Posts
+1 on the 16" after waiting days for the dealer to get a 180/70-15 tube ordered and installed. No one in town had one. "Must be an odd size." "Only one manufacturer for them." "We don't stock anything under 16 inch." You would think the dealer would stock tubes for the bikes they sell.
my tires are tubeless

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know if the rear rim from a VM2000 would work in a vn900 swingarm? Or any other 16" rim from a full size Kawi , or other brand motorcycle?
So i guess no one has a VN2000 rim to measure up, i checked ronayers.com, and compared the VN2000 Fiche with the VN900 all the parts are similar with the exception of the shims.
Another question would be what the overall heighth is for the 16" with the 200 tire compared to the 15" rim with a 200 tire?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts