Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on a front pulley, and a rear tire... the correct tire size, not oversize. I heard a rubbing sound and took my 900 back for belt adjustment. The situation was improved but I still heard rubbing. Did a careful exam and my inner mud guard was completely destroyed with the tire pushing through. The shock wasn't leaking, any ideas on what caused this situation?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, a bigger front pulley with a stock belt will pull your rear tire forward, but I've never heard of it getting that close to the mud guard with a stock tire:confused: The only time I've heard of it happening was with a front pulley and an over-sized rear tire.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Were you riding two up? Was the shock bottoming out? Did you ever find the cause?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes 2 up total of 350 lbs. Set the shock to the highest level and it's solved now, except for the mud guard I have to replace. The tire was rubbing touching at shock set of 3. Handles much better with the suspension set stiff also

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Wow, that story freaked me out so much I immediately adjusted my rear shock tonight
(setting 6).
My wife and I prolly tip the scales at a combined weight of at least 425lbs. This past weekend we road two up with a fully loaded bike. We even borrowed a tank bag. The bike continues to amaze me as I was passing a truck going uphill with loads of power to spare. I worry about potential "sag" though. Chewing through the rear fender seems like an absolute worst case scenario!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts